Action on Poverty helps Australian charities connect with communities and partners overseas.
Are you a charity, non-profit, or fundraising group looking to establish a project or expand your existing work overseas? We can connect you with our networks in-country, including local NGOs and government agencies, to help you achieve your mission. Whether that’s protecting girls from human trafficking in Cambodia, or helping rural communities access health care in Tanzania – we want to help you reach more people and increase your impact.
Action on Poverty is fully accredited with DFAT and therefore operates at the highest standards of transparency and accountability in the sector. By partnering with us, you can ensure your development work is as effective and responsible as possible.
We also offer a suite of bespoke training and development opportunities to empower our charity partners to continue growing so they can better serve the needs of their communities. We are proud to have mentored many organisations through our charity partnership program, including Blue Dragon Children’s Foundation, Room to Read, Lotus Outreach Australia, and Femili PNG.
Through a charity partnership, we can help you with:
- Identifying in-country partners and conducting due diligence
- Understanding and complying with development best practice, including DFAT and ACFID standards
- Access to DGR-1 and OAGDS
- Funding eligible projects
- Supporting monitoring and evaluation activities
- Organisational development, e.g. in governance, program management, financial management
- Financial controls and risk management
- Fundraising and marketing support.
AOP has excellent experience and knowledge of the NGO scene, and has the infrastructure to support small and growing organisations. All of us at Blue Dragon very sincerely appreciated that we could partner with you; this was of great benefit to our work in the long term.
Michael Brosowski, Blue Dragon Children’s Foundation
View more stories
Meet inspiring changemakers from across the world who are working with Action on Poverty to build a more just and equal world.